Friday, June 20, 2008

Charlotte Mason in Modern English

Volume 1 of Charlotte Mason's Series

I know I said I wouldn't be talking about homeschooling over here. Well, if you take that literally you are very, very silly indeed. What I really meant was I wouldn't be sharing all my children's achievements.

I'm not going to stop learning myself. I believe a homeschooling parent should keep ahead of their children. This week though my oldest read the Sutcliff version of The Iliad and the Odyssey. Asking for a narration was informative because I haven't read any version of it yet. Intended for it to be a read aloud to last the summer but you can see how he took over at our homeschool blog.

I digress....back to the subject...(and all those darn little dots...)

I'm reading the Modern English version so generously put together by The Lovely Leslie I read most of it a few years ago. Then within a few months I was accepted to a large university. A large university which has somehow managed to suck a few years off my life. (Let's not go there too deeply yet. I have until the fall to decide if I'm officially on another break from Higher Education).

1 comment:

Eliacin said...

Hi there,

My name is Eliacin, from mustard seed associates - www.msainfo.org.

Thanks for visiting and commenting on our blog. I like the vibes of your blog. My wife and I are also home educating our daughter.

I hope we can find ways to share thoughts and ideas and that our website and activities can help you in your journey of reevaluating your life.

Paz y esperanza,

EliacĂ­n
community catalyst and organizer
www.msainfo.org
www.eliacin.com

Post a Comment

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com