Sunday, January 18, 2009

Cleaning up my reading list...

I just went to clean up my reading list. I can't believe how little we have been reading. I just couldn't read at all while I was sick. I'm still struggling to retain information. I think I'm just that tired. I did start Farm Sanctuary and it's been really interesting and a good read so far. I was worried I couldn't stomach it, but maybe I needed something more technical to chew on. I don't know, but it seems to be working. I think Monday I'll get back to reading aloud to the boys. I think we could all really use that, but that's a different blog now isn't this. This is my blog.

While at goodreads (where I keep my reading list) I realized how much those lists are like my life. I have a bunch of lists on there and they aren't really doing much. I expected way too much reading for all of this for the year. With three boys it's just makes no sense to separate them for reading. There is a good middle ground for all of them. I guess I'll just leave those lists there until I wake up and realize I don't want them hanging over me.

I felt like I had done really well to simplify and get into a certain groove. And, then my life took another sudden turn and here I am. Moved, pregnant, sick, a new home, a new church, a not so new town. I felt so settled in Seattle and honestly my parents town, where I live now, is a really wonderful town. Full of wonderful people. But, they just aren't as hippy, dippy, crunchy as we are.

But, this is Washington State and I know they must be out there. There must be someone who still wears Birkenstocks and socks!!!

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com