Thursday, February 19, 2009

Captivating: Unveiling the Mystery of a Woman's Soul Captivating: Unveiling the Mystery of a Woman's Soul by John Eldredge


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
I must note that I tried to read this book once before. I felt the same way many of the reviewers have. It's fluff. And, I have to admit I still don't like the writing style much. There are a lot of quotes and poor placement of the quotes. But, I might be too picky on that. The writing style is the reason I gave it a 4 and not a 5.



But, honestly I think I just needed to wait for a better time in my life. I'm a lot closer to God at this point. I have had some huge heart changes in my life. I never see myself as I long haired dress wearing girl. So, if you think I've gone to that side you would be mistaken. I'm still a short haired, jean, and converse wearing kind of girl. I'm still mistaken as a sister and not a mother of my children. I still have that kiss of youth.



I don't know how much this book is helping me personally. But, it really has helped me to look at the women around me and see where their pain is. I don't always know how to relate to women are at different places in their lives, who have made different choices. This has helped me see them in a different life, so that I can be a better friend.



I grew up with mostly guy friends and have always had difficulties with having girlfriends. But, this is really opening my eyes and my hearts to the relationships I do have know and how I can help improve them...because I am at a point in my life where I desire deeper relationships with women. I'm married and relationships with men just don't fulfill me anymore. I have my husband and I just don't need to be that close to other men.


View all my reviews.

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com